Thursday, November 12, 2009

my 1st performance @ DOMS












My day started out pretty well with HOD class. He always makes it lively and interactive when it comes to teaching. Today's topic was on leadership. He himself is an amazing leader we students get inspiration from. He concluded the class on the note that we should attend the guest lecture by noon and interact with the korean employees of the hyndai motors india. The dance club coordinator of eVogue club approached me to do a performance for the visitors. After two hours of discussion, listening to loads of songs we ended up with a group song (Aachamilai aachamilai from Indira movie) instead of a dance performance. All my friends from a sound music background were discussing about shruthi, tempo, ragam and everything on earth that's greek and latin to me, but my balavikas (bhajan) classes helped me to understand the feel and the mood it creates. After three continuous practise sessions and comments from few seniors we headded to the audi.

HOD was making an impressive presentation on creative thinking and its fluency, No wonder the koreans were so impressed. Then the time came for our performance. We were called out on stage. I moved very hesitantly toward the podium behind all my friends. We started out pretty well, but could'nt bear the reactions from the audience and ended up laughing within two lines. This was when i got real serious about the singing. I said on 3 we go and started again, I was so happy when the song was over as i've given my first performance @ DOMS and could'nt wait to get out. Each of us were given golden leaf (Anti electromagnetic waves sticker) for the mobile phones. The day ended with a photo session and it will always be a sweet memory.

5 comments:

  1. it was a neat performance.i expect a solo singing of urs in the future

    ReplyDelete
  2. it'll b a pleasure to perform but b prepared to run..:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was in panic as we were informed about ur dance performance. Finally relieved as no such bizarre activity happened.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent singing by all .,,. ., And we all had a really good laugh :-D

    As vinod is saying , we are all expecting a solo performance from u :-)

    ReplyDelete